This is the sort of BS that SHOULD be illegal & that we consumers need to be on top of for our own health & well-being! If we don’t empower ourselves with knowledge, or at least turn the container around to read the actual ingredients not just believe the marketing on the front or in an ad, we have no one to blame really but ourselves when we are misled. But, this saddens me greatly to see how horribly misleading marketers can be.
In the end guys, the “too bad, so sad” truth is that we must take charge of what we consume, buy, companies we support, check into what doctors recommend…everywhere. No one, or agency, will do that for us. Companies want our $$ first & foremost (some still do have ethics but the point is we have the tools to find out!) &, as you can see above, lies are par for the course in the beauty biz!
“Know your beauty” is the suki skincare core philosophy for a reason. We have to be our own advocates, grill brands, be the squeaky wheel! How else will we KNOW what we are actually ingesting? Cause we know it’s ALL ingested…topical lotions, patches, internal medications, air, food, etc.
It does blow my mind how cynical we are, yet we can’t wait to give up personal responsibility for the things that affect our own care! The current environment places personal responsibility for our reactions, feelings, etc. squarely on everyone (or anyone) ELSE’S shoulders! The government, healthcare, insurance systems, manufacturers, brands – these are not where to place our trust guys!
As far as LIPSENSE is concerned…BOOOO! This company is takes spin to a whole new level! See how they list toxic synthetics as healthy or efficacious? Bold!
Now please vegan folks hear me out. I’m not trying to anger you, but think beyond the label here. Do we really believe SYNTHETIC beeswax is BETTER for animals or the planet than healthy, ethical 100% pure beeswax? This is what I mean about thinking critically about the info we are inundated with. These synthetic ‘vegan’ ingredients will end up, yup, in the ground & drinking water (for the earth & animals to ingest)…do how is this truly “vegan?” Not to mention the staggering percentages of various cancers we have in our country we can’t put our finger on because there are many toxic pollutants in our food, air, water, earth!
I list all synthetics & their effects on this page on sukiskincare.com, please check it out when you have an ingredient question! J
Taking responsibility for our own choices is powerful…& my sincere hope is that more of us will take companies like these to task for blatant lies.
PS: thank you to Christine for sending this to me!
Know your beauty J & xo -Suki
None of us is immune to the havoc mold can wreak (i personally had no idea how bad a mold allergy can be until i finally got tested and treated and….life became easier!) But, how many of us test for it or even know what to test for? our air, our furnaces, our pipes, rugs, etc., and ourselves!
Are you feeling tired, congested, generally out of sorts…mold is in many cases, the top of the pyramid and to be avoided, and there are many more of course. When you test for your own allergies, ensure you get a scratch test from an immunologist and food test plus a test for food AFTER eating 24-72 hours later, which your regular doc may not even know about (much like, the right tests for Lyme, thyroid, and many others). A Naturopath can do this, OR you can let your doctor know this exists and ask them to look the codes up! simple as that! Then, you will have an accurate picture of what allergies you have and how to deal with them.
I can attest, drops are very effective in changing how I felt lung & nose-wise (but I had to make a lot more changes than putting drops under my tongue)…after finding out I had 3 pages of food allergies, presently anyway, maybe forever, I must be consistent and determined to really solve the issue. When I hear about folks with IBS, which is entirely too comfortable a topic for discussion in my opinion, but anyway, I then see them eating well, anything(!) I think, well, the essential problem isn’t being dealt with, this person perhaps needs to become more uncomfortable (and certainly seek better help) to change the diet! Food is the cure with systemic symptoms of ill health, many of which can come from mold and other allergies.
There is no magic pill for allergies, for any of these systemic problems…only real change, made by us, of course, is the cure. Hopefully, getting better will keep that necessary discipline going!
If you have mold allergies:
- Avoid problem foods:
- Chocolate (or any food containing cocoa as an ingredient)
- Cola drinks (or any soda drink dark in color)
- Nuts (including peanut butter)
- Popcorn (or corn on the cob)
- Beer (or all malt beverages)
- Wine (any aged or fermented)
- Mushrooms, onions, garlic
- Aged cheese
- LEFTOVERS! After one day, throw them away or pay the price!
- Environmental issues:
- Pets should not be allowed in the bedroom (tho i couldn’t keep to that! 🙂
- Avoid having any houseplants or fresh flowers you have a KNOWN ALLERGY TO in the house
- Clean damp areas with fungicides such as bleach or commercial mold remover
- Humidity should be less than 50%
- Use a humidity gauge and dehumidifier if necessary
- Ensure filters are regularly changed, cleaned, and avoid whole home humidifiers that work off your heat, those filters aren’t clean…no way.
- Beware mold growth in and around your home:
- Humidifiers, furnaces, radiators and air-conditioners
- Sauna baths
- Refrigerators: motor compartment, rubber seal molding and inside the unit
- Plumbing with condensation of water (to help improve this-wrap pipes with insulation)
- Leaking plumbing
- Bathroom walls, showers, tubs, shower curtain
- Moist crawl spaces
- Basements (waterproof the area, wrap bare cold water pipes and use a dehumidifier)
- Moldy products, trash in the house, basement, garage, outbuildings and attics
- Houseplants, herbarium, fish bowls, greenhouses and shrubbery close to the house
- Woods, streams, ponds, lakes, puddles in your immediate environment
- Nearby mills, elevators or grain storage facilities
- Fireplace wood
- check pipes for signs of mold
- call a mold / air quality expert certified in mold in your area to come test your air for mold! (only costs about $100 or so depending on location)
- And at Work
Keep your work space uncluttered and dust it frequently. Piles of paper attract dust and mold. Do not decorate the work area with dried plants or flowers. Environmental controls are often overlooked as a necessary part of managing allergies and the results can be profound.
The above ideas are a simple start but always remember the motto, “know your beauty” cause both, this is only the beginning of your education and your toolbox – knowing we have more responsibility than ever to educate ourselves, certainly not trust the status quo is so important to self-empowerment.
Good luck! xo -Suki
so i found this on a pinterest site i think…i had to debunk these because it’s so wrong and i’m so tired of seeing these blogs giving people such bad advice!
enjoy & know your beauty! 🙂 …xo -Suki
This is from good housekeeping…By Emma Louise Pritchard,
Nothing is worse than lying awake at night, willing your brain to shut down so you can rest. Warm milk, lavender oil, and counting sheep —
we’ve all tried them. But the new solution could be simply learning to breathe.
when i was a kid, i used to lay in the grass looking up at the clouds. Life wasn’t easy, but looking back, it seemed easier than it does today…i can’t remember the
last time i just spent a little time looking up…relaxing…